Monday 31 August 2009

tanz im august - blue


The description from the official site sounds like: In BLUE the Spanish choreographer Juan Domínguez creates a language that is completely empty of meaning but still makes sense: “My interest in linguistics came from a curiosity about the unconscious side that is active in linguistic communication. Certainly, we are aware of the unconscious as we communicate to some extent, but can we gain freedom to change our reality once we learn how we perceive, understand and communicate it through language? I was also interested in relating this question to an understanding of the body and movement.” (Juan Domínguez)

"a language that is completely empty of meaning" - I completely agree with this part! Oherwise...from this description, I didn't realize that I am going to see teenagers masturbating on the stage. Beside that, the 60 minutes were veeery uninspired and booring. the money for this ticket were rather a very poor investment.

No comments: